Wednesday 12 February 2014

February come-down!...COME UP

So, I've been reading through my posts for a few weeks now, thinking I haven't written a post in a while.

In trying to get some inspiration to write, I've been reading other blogs, but then soon come to realise that this wasn't helping at all because I was just critisising my own writing in comparison of those who have been blogging for years.

So me and my man went for our Sunday morning Costa Coffee date as we normally do and were talking about how we were and just to chat about anything we really needed to say. We see each other a lot throughout the week but never to have a 'proper chat' so this is always really nice. I told him about this rut that I am struggling to find things to write about and he suggested I start off by writing about this 'rut'...So here I am...

I read my first post in this blog and I was so shocked when I could see how excited I was about all of my new years resolutions and really and truely dedicated.

Now this is very much me. I get very excited about change and improvement, so it didn't shock me in that way. 
It shocked me because I noticed how demotivated I have become since then!

I wanted to make this blog originally to inspire people and to show people that you can make any dreams and goals come true... So I was hesitant to tell you this but then I remembered a quote that I had read somewhere once...
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall"

...I'm only human, we all fall down, but it's all about what you learn from it and how you overcome that fall.

I felt an overwhelming feeling of dissapointment because up until now, I havn't achieved any of my new years resolutions.   
Now, a couple of them I am no longer able to do because of a change in circumstance but some of them, there is no excuse! 

I didn't go back to the gym until February
I havn't learnt to run (This I can't because I have a problem with my knees and have been advised that a marathon would be too strenuous on them and I could injure myself. So I won't be doing the marathon, which I am gutted about)
I havn't finished reading one book! 
I didn't start eating healthy until Yesterday (12th Feb)
I havn't done much towards my book....or blog! 
I havn't given blood, given to charity or become a donor
I havn't saved money

.....The list goes on as you know if you read my new years resolutions blog.

The point is, I havn't been motivated for any of this! 

Until This Sunday in Costa. I thought, that's it, I need to get my ass in to gear! 

So I went shopping, bought lots of veg, meat, nuts and fruit and prepared lots of paleo meals for the week ahead! 
Porridge has been replaced with Bacon and Spinach!
Pizza has been replaced with chicken & broccoli 
Sandwiches with Paleo Bolegnaise! 
And sweets, muffins, chocolate and cookies have been replaced with bananas, apples and cashew nuts & almonds.
I started back at my gym last Wednesday
I've started writing notes about my book...
I'm writing this blog!

I'm more determined than ever to make this work now, If I'm going to achieve my goals, I need to work hard.

There's no point in letting the days go by without saying I have achieved something.

Every day is going to be an achievement from now on! :)

My new moto is.....'Dream big and work your butt off!!'

:D 

No comments:

Post a Comment